As there are 81 verses of the Tao, I plan to take one verse, starting at the first verse, and consciously try to live the message within that verse for 4-5 days.
Then I will post a blog about my experience and what I learned in those 4-5 days.
And I’d love you to join me!
My inspiration for doing this came when relistening (for the nth time) to Wayne Dyer’s audiobook Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life: Living The Wisdom of The Tao in late November.
Since purchasing this book on Audible over 2 years ago, I can literally say it has changed my life. The simple, yet profound, wisdom of the Tao, as interpreted by Wayne Dyer, has infiltrated my life and my way of being and viewing the world.
Each time I listen, I hear something new.
Sometimes, despite listening to the whole book innumerable times, I feel I’m hearing a verse for the first time.
The Back Story
Attending Wayne Dyer’s 2-day seminar in Melbourne in August made me even more committed to living the wisdom of the Tao, after witnessing the peaceful, wise, sage-like presence of Wayne Dyer at such close proximity.
When Wayne passed away suddenly a week later it had a profound impact on me. It had been a minor miracle that I was able to attend that seminar. And when Wayne passed away I got a deep sense that I was at that seminar because I was meant to continue his work in some way.
That’s all background to say that in late November I had a sudden thought that I’d like to see what it was like to take a verse of the Tao and live it for 4-5 days (as Wayne Dyer did when writing his book), then write about my experience.
The writing is secondary. The living of it is what I’m curious to experience, to see how it impacts my life.
This started as a purely personal quest I decided I’d like to do in the aim of growing my awareness – both personally and spiritually.
Then I realised that other people might be interested in joining me on the journey and sharing our experiences together.
So how do you join me?
- Just sign up at this link
- I will then email you a verse of the Tao every 4-5 days, starting 1st January 2016. If you read this later, that’s fine. Just join in wherever we are. That will be perfect for you – exactly the day you’re meant to get the wisdom of whatever verse I’m up to.
- I will provide a pdf and/or jpg of the verse in each email so you can print it easily and hang it in your house or place it in your diary to reflect on.
- I may include some of my initial interpretations. I initially thought I’d avoid reading Wayne Dyer’s interpretations for 2 days, so it would give me a chance to reflect on the verse from my own perspective – and you yours. But I’ve changed my mind. I think that in order to live the messages within the Tao to the best of my ability, it is more important for me to understand the verse than spend time wrestling with the paradoxical concepts unaided. Why reinvent the wheel hey?
- I encourage anyone participating to get the audiobook, Kindle and/or hard copy. I find the audio great because it’s Wayne reading it, but I think the hard copy will be handy during my quest too. If you prefer Kindle, you can buy it on Amazon and then pay the extra to get Whispersync for Voice, which is the Audible recording – the cheapest way to get both text and audio.
- I will blog about my experience on the 4th or 5th day and send the link in my next verse email.
I have created a closed FB group for this quest, which I’d love you to join and participate in. Click here to request to join (or if that doesn’t work, email me with your Facebook email and I’ll add you – Louise@TheWellnessQuest.net
Does it cost anything to participate?
This is not something I envisaged charging a fee for. I wanted it to be a free, guided exploration of the Tao. And it still is – if that’s what you choose.
But you also have another option if it’s something that calls to you.
When I mentioned my planned Tao Year to a client of mine she said she would happily pay to join in if there was a fee, which gave me the idea of giving participants the opportunity to contribute to my Patreon account if they choose to do so.
With Patreon you can become a ‘patron’ of my work by pledging as little as $1/month. This allows me to keep creating coaching programs, content on my blogs, videos and podcasts.
I look forward to sharing this journey with you.
I’m really interested to see if:
- I can maintain consistency for 324-365 days, and;
- How this impacts my life and the lives of those who choose to join me on the journey
I hadn’t thought it before, but I guess this is one way to pay homage to the huge impact Wayne Dyer had on myself and on so many others throughout the world.
And to also pay homage to the wise Chinese author of the Tao Te Ching – Lao Tzu.
Vale Wayne Dyer & Lao Tzu!!
My blog posts (updated 19th January 2016)